But Why???? :? (I guess i just don’t get it)

July 6, 2011 by SEISMOS

So as soon as I got home I got the flu. I do not know if it is the sudden change of atmosphere or jst horrible luck. But I decided to let my immune system handle this one and did not take any medication. For 3 WEEKS I had that stupid flu!! Finally decided 2 go to the pharmacy and get sme help 4 the little soldiers who were evidently struggling. So I end up reading the little insert with all the info and I couldn’t help but notice the long list of side-effects. Here are some of the ridiculous side-effects:

anorexia, increased weight (both @ once? :?)

nervousness,

acne, depression (probably 4rm the acne), s

weating,

raised intracranial pressure (I also dnt know what it means but it sounds stupid), i

nsomnia (I had that already anyway),

confusion (huh?),

tongue disorder!!!! (o no, how am i gonna eat McDonalds)

FEAR…. The list is endless.

Pharmaceutical companies have to protect themselves from lawsuits in case someone turns green or grows a third arm – but seriously!? This is ridiculous. They pretty much diagnose every possible thing you can get anyway just so you don’t sue them. I found it utterly ridonculous (yes I just sed ridonculous).
So in exchange for curing my flu I could end up with all that? Am I not then better off without the meds then? I guess I just don’t get it

On a deeper level we live in a fear filled world. Some dictator may be gathering war heads somewhere, wars can break out at any point, global warming, gang activity (anyone heard of september gang activity?) – but my point is – I could have gotten so scared just by reading the risks – I would end up not taking the pills. But I wouldn’t have gotten better. Take the pill regardless- be fearless in a fear-filled world and you will get much more out of your life.

Godspeed Xx

3 Comments »
  1. Yeah, I’ve recently discovered that the less I read, the happier I am… =P

Comment by Juju — July 7, 2011 @ 15:01

2. Lol- I suppose tht is the lesson. But we never learn- we jst read on

Comment by SEISMOS — July 7, 2011 @ 22:13

3. We should launch some anti-reading campaigns! Stop this madness…

But then, I suppose, we’d be out of jobs as PLakkers… so, meh, let’s read on then 😛

Comment by Juju — July 8, 2011 @ 22:49

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URL