Klas of kerk?

March 3, 2011 by KoffieMo!

Klas in ‘n kerk is beslis geen “hemel-op-aarde” nie, inteendeel, om in ‘n gebou te sit met ‘n tempratuur van om en by 30 grade Celsius is “hel.”

Dit is niemand se skuld dat die Wilcocks afgebrand het nie en ek dank die Universiteit dat hulle alternatiewe relings getref het, maar is dit die beste uitweg? Om in ‘n kerk lesings te hou? Dit is uiters moeilik (en ongemaklik) om op ‘n kerkbank te sit en op jou skoot (en selfs die borde wat voorsien word) nota’s te maak. Volgens ‘n groep studente gaan hierdie toestande ‘n negatiewe letsel op punte laat, aangesien studente meer klasse gaan bank omdat die situasie so ongemaklik is en omdat studente sukkel om nota’s te maak. Studente blameer egter nie die Universiteit nie, “Dit was bloot ‘n ongeluk. Die Universiteit doen wat hulle kan en dra ons belange op die hart,” Annoniem.

Ek erken dat die Universiteit in ‘n moeilike situasie is, ‘n hele departement is ontoeganklik, ek verstaan dat lesings lokale beperk is, maar mense, ‘n kerk!!! Regtig??

Hoe voel nie-Christene oor hierdie situasie?? Is daar ‘n ander uitweg??

5 Comments »
  1. I completely agree with you KoffieMo!

I have General Linguistics in Kruiskerk and I hate it! Not because it’s a church, because it’s so uncomfortable. The sweltering heat doesn’t help either. Even the lecturers complain about it! I find the subject itself extremely interesting but I just can’t focus on anything that goes on during the lectures. People are often falling asleep or just not attending lectures period. I know the university is trying to accommodate us but they could try harder in my opinion. I’m sure there is a venue somewhere on campus that at least has desks!

When I look at my timetable and see that I have General Linguistics that day my mood is instantly dampened 🙁

Comment by Liquid Fire — March 3, 2011 @ 15:36

2. Good question mo. Me too Liquid. And worst to me is the horrible accustics. You can’t ask any questions without screaming and I have yet to learn the skill of sleeping soundly in a position that doesn’t make me walk funny afterwards. I mean they have hugs speakers, but they rarely ever use them!

Comment by Sarse — March 3, 2011 @ 16:44

3. You want to talk about acoustics? In the Eng Department almost every class they have to turn off the microphone because the feedback is too great (Thanks to crappy sound engineering,ironic, no?) and I think it’s a general dilemma where it’s difficult to ask a question in a big class. And besides: the uncomfortable church benches are supposed to keep you awake.

Don’t worry, you’re not the only one who thinks the pastors speech is boring! (hence, uncomfortable seats to keep you awake, probably. :P)

Non-Christians won’t really mind about the locus of the lecture, as long as the church doesn’t give out bibles as you walk in or something.

Comment by Ent — March 3, 2011 @ 20:38

4. Lol the pews definitely fail at theirs jobs if they are meant to keep us awake. You feedback issue is madness though. I’ve been to an applied maths lecture, you need more than a microphone to stay awake there. Seeing as though you are all engineers, fix it. That’s mos what you guys are meant to be good at, right? 😉

Comment by Liquid Fire — March 3, 2011 @ 20:53

5. Yeah I suppose so ent. Still that subject is too easy at the moment. And I’ve never been that good at paying attention in church anyway.
    I don’t know about that. Getting a free bible every few days wouldn’t be that bad; I could think of a few interesting things to do with all that spirtual literature…

I liked the maths itself, but agree that lectures are just dead. Maybe they need to hire a small guy to run around and poke everyone with a sharp stick?

Comment by Sarse — March 3, 2011 @ 22:14

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URL